SAM® Chest Seal is engineered to treat, seal, and reseal open chest wounds under most circumstances. After a simple and quick application, SAM® Chest Seal sticks relentlessly – through extreme heat or cold, no matter the elements. Meets CoTCCC-preferred features.
- TRUFLOW™ VALVE - SAM® Chest Seal’s rigid, raised-dome valve ensures one-way airflow from the chest cavity, no matter the pressure applied. Large side vents minimize internal obstruction from blood clots or soft tissue. Whether in transport or in the presence of heavy body armor, the TRUFLOW™ Valve will continue to vent.
- DUAL APPLICATION TABS - Tabs facilitate the proper placement and removal of adhesive(dressing), with the ability to vent and reseal.
- THIN EDGE LAYER - The thin edge layer resists lifting or peeling, maintaining a formidable seal.
- STERILE SEAL - Minimize the introduction of potentially harmful pathogens during application.
- PEEL/TEAR PACKING - Quickly and easily open SAM® Chest Seal packing by peeling from tabs or tearing along chevron-marked notches
- DESIGNED FOR SIMPLICITY & SECURITY - SAM® Chest Seal is engineered to seal, and reseal open chest wounds in the presence of any elements. After a simple and quick application, SAM® Chest Seal sticks relentlessly – in extreme heat or cold.
- FORTIFIED GEL - Strong hydrogel adheres in the presence of blood, hair, sweat, and sand, or when submerged in water.
- OVAL SEAL - Larger than other occlusive dressing, its oval shape maximizes the surface area of the seal, and its transparency, elasticity, and conformability ensure effective adhesion.